My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Simple and Sweet or Daring Diva: You Create Your Dream Shoes

At some point every girl imagines a wonderful pair of shoes they would love to own. Whether they're a tomboy thinking of the perfect pair of sneakers, an athlete wanting an amazing set of cleats, or an avid vintage girl wanting to rock the perfect pair of oxfords. Shoes can have an effect on people, they can change your mood and how you feel about yourself. I know whenever I'm really stressed or stuck and need inspiration I'll go on the web and search for crazy and unique Louboutins. It's just what I do.



For a while I've been using a website to design my own shoes, and using the creations as inspiration for outfits I then sketch, or the other way where my sketches fuel my ideas behind the shoes. The website is called "Shoes of Prey" and they have a wide variety of options to pick from to create your dream shoes. You can make flats, sandals, ankle boots, wedge heels, flat oxfords, and various options for heels in general.
The process is simple. First, you pick what type of shoe you want to make, for example I can choose high heel and then it takes you to what I call the "Creation Station" where you can alter the heels in many ways. You can change the toe (some options include small peep-toe, covered peep-toe, and brogue toe), the back of the heel (brogue, sling, cut-away), the type of heel (stiletto, square, wedge or even two-toned wedge), ad lastly you can add decorations to your shoes (bows or flowers to either the back or the toe, Mary Jane, trim). Then you get a side bar to pick the fabrics you want for your design (they boost having over 170 options). The fabric options are amazing, you can pick from dozens of different shades and kinds, they even have vegan. Within the different types (cotton, soft leather, suede, snake skin, etc.) they have a variety of colors, which is amazing. On top of all of these, once you choose one fabric they provide you with recommendations that either matches, contrasts, or are neutrals that go with the choice you selected.



Overall, I love this site, and you can pin your creations to Pinterest or upload them to other websites, etc. It's a great way to put your ideas on paper in a way. The shoes have free shipping and can be returned within 365 days, they'll either remake them for you or offer a full refund. I have yet to actually pay for one of my designs to be created, not just because of the price, but because I honestly don't know which ones I would want to be created. 

Here are two pictures, the one on the left is the physical shoe made and the one on the right is what it looks like on the website (like the others above).

I Designed My Perfect Shoes!


All of these pictures are designed by me, they aren't all of my creations but just a handful. Hope you enjoy them and are inspired to go and design some yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment