My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Menswear Collections

Burberry Men’s Collection Review

The other day I was reading news articles, and then skimming through UK’s Vogue online when I came across a video of the Burberry Men’s runway show and of course I just had to watch it. I like Burberry and as a brand I think they are very polished and tailored.

First thing I noticed while watching the show was how the runway was set up, with all the windows there was a lot of natural lighting, making everything seem bright and open, giving it an almost hopeful and happy feeling.  I liked the transitions between colors and the use of colors for the shoes also transitioned. It never seemed as though the shoes matched the main color of the ensemble (however there were a handful that did). I like how all the models looked similar, it allowed me to not only focus more on the clothes, but also made it appear as if it was a more solid and cohesive collection. It’s as if it could all come from one man’s closet. I really enjoyed the ankle pants with no socks and the sweaters over button up shirts, it looked very well put together. With the pants all matching it allowed more focus on the detail the tops provided. For a majority of the time the clothing was solid colors, but then there were small stripes and polka dots, it kind of keep things fresh. It’s like you thought you knew what would come next but then BAM polka dot sunglasses or a scarf over top a jacket, it wasn’t a huge change but just enough to keep you guessing. One final thing, I loved the music they chose to pair with the show. I liked that it wasn’t one song and that he had a different song for the end, it helped with the mood.


Overall I enjoyed the show and I hope if you have some spare time you’ll watch it, it really is refreshing and I look forward to more men dressing how Burberry dresses their men.

You can watch the video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment