My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, June 10, 2013

New Jeans for my New Job

I buy jeans maybe once a year or every two years. They're a staple in my closet, but I rarely need to replace them. Sure, every now and then a pair will have holes in places you just can't fix or will just stop fitting properly. Then I'll buy a new pair, and sometimes if I find a pair I really like I'll just buy 2 of that pair and have sort of a back up if something goes wonky. But since my new retail job requires that if I wear denim at work it needs to be their brand, I needed a wardrobe update. During the school year I worked in the dining court in my dorm and I pretty much wore the same 2 pairs of jeans 3 times a week to work. So about 12 hours a week these jeans suffered spills, stains, rips, etc. This left my wardrobe with only a couple pairs of jeans, which isn't a big deal except I wear jeans all the time and a lot of wear can cause some jeans to be ruined a lot quicker than you would expect.

I decided to go shopping yesterday, with my employee discount (half off my entire 1st purchase), to find 2 pairs of jeans that I could incorporate into my wardrobe with no effort and that fit me enough to be willing to spend the money on them. I am used to not spending over $20 for a pair of jeans, so the fact that the prices range from $40-118 made me a little worrisome. I just like spending less on items so I can save up my money for other things unrelated to fashion (or books and rent) or saving it up for a big fashion item (such as a pair of Louboutin heels I've been drooling over forever). I went with my mom for some bonding time and we found 2 pairs of jeans that fit me really well and aren't over the top in any way. I got one pair of skinny, dark wash jeans with a little embroidery detail on the back pockets. The other pair I bought are short (i tried on the regular and they were about 3-4 inches too long for me), a medium/dark wash, boot cut, and have detailing on the back pockets and noticeable stitch detail. They are both comfortable and I plan on wearing my new skinny jeans to work today to show how I can incorporate the brands we sell and what we represent style wise by mixing these jeans with my own collection of flats and tops and jewelry.

Since I'm currently wearing the skinny jeans (breaking them in for later), here are a couple of pictures of my other jeans.
I probably could have taken a better photo, but here it shows the different shades  and  the detail in the jeans.

Here is one of the back pockets with the stitch detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment