My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cleaning Out the Closet

So this isn't a post referring to one of Eminem's songs (if you didn't think of that well now you can check it out), this is a post referring to me actually cleaning out my closet and boxes and figuring out what clothes to keep and which ones to sell or donate. I have way too much stuff in general, but one thing that really clutters up my space are all of my clothes and shoes laying about. Since I've been on summer break I have yet to fully unpack, leaving me with boxes everywhere half filled or fully filled. Over the next couple of days I will be going through everything and making important decisions. It's hard for me to give away certain items because of memories (the main reason I have a million t-shirts). However, I know I don't wear some of them a lot and I could probably do without a lot of the clothes I have, especially since I've only been getting more and haven't gone through my clothes in forever. 

I plan on taking all the things I don't want to keep/wear anymore and then dividing them into categories:

  1. Items I will keep for crafts (such as a t-shirt quilt or scrap fabric)
  2. Items to try and sell at second hand stores
    • Ex) Snooty Fox and Plato's Closet
  3. Items to donate to Goodwill or give to my friends (such as shoes)
Hopefully I will have a lot of stuff to give away and will be able to actually have an organized room and closet; something that hasn't really happened since we moved into the house years ago.

I will be reposting on this topic once I have everything all organised and will be posting before and after picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment