My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Happy Coincidence and Great Buy

The platform is maybe an inch or a little more.
While running errands for work yesterday I spotted a 50% off sign in front of a consignment shop that I pass by almost every day. I decided that after work i would just pop in and check it out. Half-off is quite a deal, especially when prices are already reasonable. When i walked in the place was very open and bright despite the dark storm clouds outside. I immediately found the shoes section, just one standing rack in the back. I found 3 different pairs of heels that fit me and were each very different. The first were slingback heels with a zebra print and outlined in hot pink. The second were Ann Taylor peep-toe wedges. They were a dark nude almost a grayish tint and the wedge was a snakeskin print. They were maybe 3 inches and looked very classy. However, despite really liking them I couldn't quite picture myself wearing them, especially since I am not a huge fan of peep-toe. Lastly, the third pair were about 4 inches with a platform and slightly pointed toe. I wear an 8 usually, and these were an 8.5 so at first i wasn't even going to try them on but the wedges were 7.5's and fit perfectly. So I slid the heels on and realized I needed them. They're black and white, classic and classy, and since they had a white tag they were half off (the other 2 pairs were not white tags and not half off). They are a little big, but in the way that if they were 8's they would be too tight. Weird but that's how they fit. I think I will buy a pair of those stick on pad things to put inside my heels so they fit more snugly. I bought the heels, I couldn't help myself, they were a steal at $4.79 and just like new with no scuff marks.


Image: http://www.vogue.co.uk/news
Now for the happy coincidence. As I've written before, I have recently started to read Vogue UK News online every day. It's very informative and provides great insight and pictures. Well just before I was thinking of posting about my new heels I read an article on Diane von Furstenberg and read about her collection and how she is still going strong. The main picture for the article is a model in front of a giant DVF and what's one of the prints she's wearing? Pretty much the same one as on my heels. Sure it's part of her Pre- Spring/Summer 2014 collection, but the print is on more than one model. I am ecstatic, I have managed to nag a great pair of heels for a great price, and will be able to stay "in the loop" so to speak. Though, that's a while away, I plan on wearing these heels during the fall and possibly winter as well. I think they would look classy with black tights and a little black dress, or my bright red dress. When i tried them on I thought about wearing them for the fashion show tomorrow, maybe even paired with my black and white elephant dress and some minimal jewelry. I still haven't decided what to wear, I'm planning on leaving work early so I can shower, get ready, and be on my way to meet my friend and attend the show. I am very excited and I think I will be walking around in my heels just in case I do decide to wear them, I need to break them in first.

No comments:

Post a Comment