My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Resorting to Chanel: Chanel's 2014 Resort Collection

I love how on Style.com you can view the fashion shows, sure it's just pictures, but it's a great way to stay in tune with all the styles, colors, accessories, etc. This morning, while writing and stamping for work, I watched the Chanel Resort collection as a picture slideshow, and I loved it. The men's styles were even amazing. It was a great transition from their last show, which seemed more dark and mysterious to me. This show was more light and airy. The colors were mostly whites/creams and blacks and blues, keeping things simple but bringing in prints and a variety of fabric choices. I admired all of the pearls; layers and layers of pearls adorned the necks of some models walking down the runway. Usually I don't really love a lot of the Chanel shoes presented in the shows, however, I really liked the heels in this show. I thought the makeup and hair added an edge to the otherwise non-rebelliousness feeling.

I like that Style.com allows you to view current collections; it makes it easier to stay current with all of the future trends and stay in tune with the designers and what everyone in fashion is thinking about. I try and stay updated with everything by reading magazines, such as Vogue and Seventeen and Teen Vogue and WWD, but I also go online to sites such at Style.com and Vogue, etc. I also read books, watch fashion related shows, and go to art museums. I think doing all of this allows to me to think more creativity, expand my mind, and come up with great ideas I wouldn't have otherwise.

I think it's important to stay in tune with everything happening inside the world of fashion, especially if you want to be a part of it someday. Also, people in fashion always have to stay steps ahead of others, always thinking and always on their toes to come up with newer and better ideas than what's going on. They need to keep people interested and guessing. 


If you're interested in reading more and seeing the pictures from the Chanel collection, then go to this website: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/2014RST-CHANEL

No comments:

Post a Comment