My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Fashion Show Excitement and Nerves

Last summer I was able to attend a fashion show on a bridge in downtown Cincinnati, you can read about it under my post "Fashion on the Bridge" posted June 26, 2012. I am excited because I have the chance to go again this year, with one of my really good friends. However, I will be attending the show, not working behind the scenes.....so what do I wear? 

When I was at Purdue's fashion show I was just backstage and running around trying to help and hanging out with friends (all of us nervous of course). Because of this I wore jeans, my gold shoes, and my fashion show designer black t-shirt with my red blazer when I was onstage to receive my award. 

Last year I wore what I like to call "my french dress" because it's loose, sleeveless, and is a cream color with red and blue flowers on it. I paired it with a black, short sleeve sweater for when it got dark, a black clutch, and my gold shoes. 

Me (L) and my friend Karen (R) at the fashion show.

Here you can see the dress more, I'm the blonde :)
However, I remember feeling slightly under-dressed because about 3/4 of all the women had heels on and looked fabulous. 

Also, when I attended the Purdue fashion show before I actually went there, so the 2012 show, I went with my friend Zoe (who is featured on my blog as a fashionista). For that fashion show I decided on skinny jeans, my cheetah print top, a vest I bought in France, and I'm pretty sure i wore my brown BCBG heels that I bought for only $13 on sale.
Zoe (L) and Me (R) at the hotel before heading to the fashion show.
It's going to be hot and muggy, so I don't want to have dramatic makeup or do anything with my hair, such as curling it. I do think I will wear a dress and heels, but do I really want to spend like 3 hours in heels? If only I had a pair of Louboutins I could show off. I'm thinking a black dress (so sweating doesn't show) and my bright pink heels to make it more season appropriate and can work for both day and night.
Me (center) in a black dress and pink heels.
This could work for the fashion show.
I will probably be thinking about this till I leave my house for the show, but that's life. You stare in your closet and think to yourself "I have nothing to wear" even when it's full of options. 

I will definitely be posting a review on the show after I see it, so stay tuned for that next weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment