My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bring on the Documentaries

Every night after work and dinner I try to relax and unwind. Sometimes I sketch or try and start a sewing project. Other times I'll watch an episode or 2 (or more depending on the length) of a show. Almost every night before I actually go to sleep I like to read a little, though if the book gets really good I may end up staying awake a lot longer than planned. However, recently I have been trying to find a movie to watch, but I just can't figure out what I want to watch. Well, today I have decided to do a little "research" and compile a list of fashion related documentaries I might watch. I've taken various lists others have created and decided to share the ones that seem most popular, or just any that are really interesting.

Here is my list in order of date:
  1. Seamless, 2005
  2. Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton, 2007
  3. Signe Chanel, 2007
  4. Lagerfeld Confidential, 2007
  5. Valentino: The Last Emperor, 2009
  6. The September Issue, 2009
  7. Bill Cunningham New York, 2010
  8. A Man's Story, 2010
  9. OWN Visionaries: Tom Ford, 2011
  10. In Vogue: The Editor's Eye, 2012
  11. The Tents, 2012
  12. Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel, 2012
  13. J. Crew and the Man Who Dressed America, 2012
I have seen The September Issue, but I really liked it and included it because I will probably watch it again. I didn't include God Save My Shoes because I have already done an entire post about it (Check it out here: http://brieezee.blogspot.com/2013/06/documentary-shedding-light-on-why-women.html). Maybe now that I have a list I will be able to make a decision when I can't pick what to watch. 

Whenever I do watch a movie from the list above I will post a little review about it. Most likely not as long as my post about God Save My Shoes, something short and to the point, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment