My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Interview With A Friend #2 Featuring Karen Kuhn

Karen and I met 7th grade when we sat near each other in band. However, I don't think we became friends right away. Though, after a while we became best friends and hung out all the time. When we both took AP US History our sophomore year in high school we would have "note card parties" where she would come over for a sleepover and we would stay up until 3 am doing note cards for class and drinking lots of pop. We went to youth group and lunch almost every Sunday afternoon and we had a great time with band and dances and crazy high school times. Karen is very intelligent, we were in the same french class for all of high school, and she's very musically gifted (in high school she played the tuba in band and sang, though I'm sure she still does both). She has a knack for getting sunburned really badly and she's really funny, especially when she's had a lot of caffeine/sugar, and is just a blast to be around. She is doing great in college, loves OSU, and always has a lot of things on her plate to do.

Here is her interview:

Where do you go to college? What are you studying/majoring in? And why?
I go to college at The Ohio State University. I'm majoring in English with minors in French and Linguistics because I want to go into publishing and I find language super interesting.

What was your favorite class this past year/hardest and why?
My favorite class was Language, Sex, and Gender because it gave me very important insight on how the way we use language and how it influences/reflects gender and sexuality stereotypes.

What would you say is your dream job?
My dream job would be to work for a publishing house as an editor or as a critic of the arts.

Karen (R) and our friend Jeri (L).
To learn more about Jeri, click her name.
Who are your favorite designers?
I think the only designer I could even tell you a first and last name is Coco Chanel...

Do you have a favorite quote?
"Well-behaved women seldom make history" -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

How would you describe your personal style?
On a good day, my personal style is very simple. Solid colors, not a lot of jewelry. On a bad day, it's jean shorts and a t-shirt.

What are your favorite stores?
American Eagle is my favorite for jeans, but I really like JC Penney, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21 etc. Target is good when I'm looking for cheap clothes.

What’s your must-have accessory?
Can't go without wearing earrings.

What is your go-to outfit?
Usually a cute tank top and cut off jean shorts for the summer, or if I'm feeling really lazy, a strapless dress.

How are you spending your summer before sophomore year?
This summer, I'm trying to spend as much time with friends as I can before I move out of Milford.

How has college changed your wardrobe? What is your favorite go-to summer outfit right now? 
College has made me realize that it's easy to look cute without putting in a ton of effort. I love wearing white shorts with a solid tank top and an unbuttoned chambray shirt with the sleeves rolled up. Sandals are a must.

If you could go anywhere and do anything, where & what?
I think I would go to India to document their languages and learn more about their culture.

What influences you and your sense of style? Singers/artists/celebrities?
My friends influence my style, but I also get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment