My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, October 5, 2015

Menswear Fittings Part 1

Today I had my first fitting for my senior collection! I had two of my male models come in and try on their muslin mock ups for fit. My first model is wearing a button down shirt with trousers and a suit jacket (pictured in muslin to the left). My second model is wearing a t-shirt, trousers, and a cool band style jacket (think My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade look).

Both outfits had a couple little problems, mainly when I drafted all my patterns (that's right all drafted none draped) I didn't drop the armhole enough so I just need to bring it down about an inch or so on each upper body piece. Besides that it was just minor things like a too short sleeve or too long hem allowance on a shirt. All things I can easily adjust.

My other 2 male models for the semester will be coming in this Wednesday so I'll have their looks done in muslin and hopefully have less adjustments to make. So far I'm happy with how things have turned out and I'm really excited about all of my fabrics I've gotten for the collection. I'll definitely be posting more on everything once I start the looks in fashion fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment