My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Update!

It feels like I haven't posted in forever, but I've been insanely busy with costumes for Oklahoma!

We open the first week of August and we're trying to do fittings with EVERYONE this coming Saturday. However, because of my work schedule I won't be able to be there and since I work Friday as well all of the costumes I've been working on need to be dropped off tomorrow morning...so I'm feeling a tiny bit of pressure. I've had the costumes since Monday morning but I haven't really had a chance to work on them between work and unpacking in my new apartment. I'm sure I'll get it all done it's just a matter of how late I'll be staying up or how early I might need to wake up to finish...

As of now I've seam ripped some ribbon trim, a lace ruffle trim, and 2 sleeves. 
Next I'll be cutting and sewing the 2 sleeves on to the blue dress. Then I'll probably go ahead and sew the purple gingham skirt back together (My boss had seam ripped all the seams so that they could be sewn to make the waistband a little bit larger). After that I will either sew this ruffle thing on the bodice of the 3 look or cut and sew the ruffle for that look. After that it'll just be a matter of closures/trim. So overall I feel pretty good about my time and where I'm at with these projects. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance (probably Saturday/Sunday since I close tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment