My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Weekend Plans: Preparing for Fall

A clutch I regret not buying
 in Bath for my senior collection.
I know it's barely summer but I'm already starting to work on my senior collection for next year. While the fashion show isn't until spring 2016, we have to present our collection ideas about the second week into the fall semester. I've always had some sort of idea for what I want to do for my collection, but now that I've actually started working on it I am overwhelmed with ideas for various potential collections. For instance I've considered doing a Marie Antoinette pastel collection, a Dracula themed one, and a fun colorful printed floral collection. There are just way too many options, I kind of wish I had gotten to do my "mini" collection this past spring like the other juniors and how they can do 2-3 looks for the fashion show. I think my solution right now is to just go ahead and sketch every idea I have running through my brain and then pick the strongest collection. Luckily I haven't gotten a part time job yet so I have some free time to work on my collection. I'm just really excited for my senior collection even if I haven't quite figured out what to do yet. I still really want to do 5 female models and 4 male models, and also work with a variety of patterns & textures, but I still need my main big idea. Hopefully I can use all of my time, especially when I'm being lazy on the weekends, to work on my collection. I'm sure once the school year starts I'll just start complaining about how much work I have, but I have very high goals of what I want for my collection, so I'm just going to have to deal with it. We shall see what happens!  

No comments:

Post a Comment