My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, June 12, 2015

Other Costume Shops

Part of their hat storage.
Yesterday during my time helping in the costumes shop we took a little "field trip" and went to see how the costume shop at Krannert (U of I) organizes their costumes and rents them out to others. 

It was amazing to see how much they have in their collection. They have a lot of rooms dedicated to different parts of their costume stock. It's all neatly categorized and they even have maps for some of the rooms to illustrate to others how to find what they're looking for in the rooms. It's incredible to see what they have for their different period looks, and the variety is incredible. They also have a good amount of men's clothing which is fantastic. I wish I had taken more pictures, but just this little snapshot of a section of the hat storage just showcases how much they really have in their collection and why great colleges like NYU rent from them and use their pieces. I'm actually considering looking into U of I at their costume grad program. Still haven't figured out life after graduation next year, so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment