My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Costume Books: "Dreaming of Chanel"

Front Cover
I went to the library yesterday and while I couldn't find some of the books I wanted, I managed to snag some really neat ones! The one I started reading today is titled Dreaming of Chanel by Charlotte Smith and illustrated by Grant Cowan. It's all these stories that are attached to a vintage clothing collection the author inherited from her American godmother. The illustrations are amazing and the stories are wonderful. The stories are all about a page and with the illustrations the book is a quick read so I'm hoping to finish it today. It's a great read so far and I'm going to read Charlotte's other book, Dreaming of Dior. I think it's a good resource for costumes and designing because it has a variety of vintage dresses and stories dating from 1790 to the 1990s. Overall, perfect for reading if you like fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment