My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, June 22, 2015

New Intern Position!

One of the pictures I sent
that's in the piece about
me as a designer.
I just realized I never wrote about how I was published in a magazine as a designer (not a writer!). I was pretty darn excited about the whole thing and I of course bought a copy of the magazine. I'm in the June issue of Fashion A magazine pages 44-49 (a 6 page piece). 

After talking to the editor I was lucky to get an unpaid internship handling their social media. I'm not alone in doing this, but I post daily things to the Facebook page and will start working with their Twitter and Instagram this week. It's fun because I really fit into what the magazine is about so it's very easy for me to find things I want to share with the viewers. As stated on the Facebook page, "Fashion A is a bohemian androgynous magazine and it is about expressing yourself creatively through fashion without gender boundaries." But what's really really new is that I will be writing pieces for the online magazine. If you want to check out the website, which is now up and running, go here: Fashion A Magazine. I haven't written anything yet because I just got all the information today, but as soon as I post my first article on the website I'll write a little overview of it for my blog, similar to what I did for CollegeFashionista or Maghanitwork.

I'm thrilled I get to continue to write over the summer, and hopefully it doesn't just end when the summer ends. I was writing for Maghanitwork but the website has been updated sine the end of April (with my two articles at the top) so I am unsure of what the future holds for that writing position. Anyways I love what Fashion A is about and I enjoy doing the social media so I have no doubt the writing will come easily to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment