My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Well Dressed Effortlessly

Well Dressed Effortlessly

Well Dressed Effortlessly by brimalotke on Polyvore


As per usual my love and black and white patterns dominates this post. I chose to use a mix of patterns because I love the way the end result looks, not quite chaotic because it feels like it should go together, but slightly off because they don't "match." After the background I chose 4 pictures that are from magazine shoots claiming to portray androgynous style. While there is a more drastic form of androgynous style, the pictures I chose are simple and straight to the essence of it: masculine and feminine characteristics emerging into one ensemble. One of the easiest ways to try this is by wearing more masculine styled pieces but retain a feminine touch with the way you do your hair and makeup, or throw on some heels (which despite men going through a phase in fashion wearing heels, thank Louis XIV & the French, heels are more associated with women and the feminine touch of an outfit). Overall I chose the pictures because they're simple, straight to the point, and the models look amazing and strong. Lastly, the wording chosen is because I just liked the way it sounds and how the script is flowly, it brings a more feminine touch to the overall more masculine effect of the photos and geometric backgrounds.

If you want to check out my article I wrote for Fashion A magazine then go here: fashionamag

No comments:

Post a Comment