My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Costume Shop Progress

The start of the Prom/Bridesmaid
 Dresses section.
So far so good in the costume shop! We've made a LOT of progress this week. We've managed to organize the first couple of rows of hanging costumes. Our "final" categories are: Specialty, Medieval, Prairie, Western/Cowboy, Ethnic (in this order: Asian, Hawaiian, Spanish, African), Civil War, Empire Dresses, Victorian Era, Decades (1920s-1990s), 80s Prom Dresses & Bridesmaid dresses, Wedding Dresses, and lastly the Non Specific Dresses.

There's a lot but it's all organized and looking great. Of course we have more work to do within them, for example we have to organize Prairie lengthwise and also separate it with a children's section. I really hope that by the end the whole shop is just insanely organized and categorized. We're also getting another intern just to do all of the computer work, which was something I thought I'd end up having to do but it'll be great to not deal with that and just doing costumes. Finally, I'll get to tour another costume shop and see how they're organized. I'm pretty excited to see how everything unfolds and how the rest of my summer will turn out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment