My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Technology and Fashion

So one of the things I've been trying to decide on is whether or not I want to get a tablet this winter season. This past summer I thought about purchasing one for the school year but then decided I wanted to save my money because of all the books I had to buy for my classes. However, as this semester has gone on I find myself wishing that I had one. Carrying my laptop around with me is a tedious task, especially on days when I have a lot of books in my backpack so it's even heavier, or when the weather is untrustworthy and rains whenever it feels like it. Having a tablet would be easier to store and easier to tote around with me because it's lighter than my 5-7lb laptop (plus charger and case). Another reason is a tablet just seems like easier access, laptops can take forever to take out of the bag and turn on and load and just get ready to use, whereas tablets appear to be faster. I haven't actually spent a lot of time on a physical tablet, so I definitely want to look at them int he store rather than simply looking online and then purchasing before physically getting the feel of the tablet I've chosen. I have decided on a specific one I would like to try out and I am hoping with the holidays coming soon that it will go on sale and I might even possibly get it for Christmas and not have to pay the $400+ for it and the accessories (case, plug, etc.).

I think technology in the fashion world is very important, especially with all of the advances being made with fabric and technology- solar power/personal energy charged fabric is just one example. Also, a lot of handy technology such as phones, iPods/MP3s, tablets, and other portable tech gear is putting a focus on the customization of those goods and thus putting an emphasis on style and allowing a person's personal style show through with their selections of colors, patterns, and other accessories like headphones. I look forward to seeing other advances in technology more closely related to fashion (such as the Goggle Glasses). And hopefully I'll be able to find the perfect tablet that can do everything I need it to and will make my life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment