My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Katy Perry Inspiration

A while ago my friend Zoe and I went to see the Katy Perry movie and one of the things I loved was the costumes, all of the candy inspired dresses! After that I sketched a few dresses with shoes, wigs, makeup, and tights. All of them were based on different candies and desserts. Then, after going to the Wearable Art Fashion Show I decided to look back at my designs. I think that creating something totally unique and fun and colorful would be a great decision for em for my sophomore year designs for the spring fashion show. I love color and this past school year I really just worked with black, white, and a dark red for the show. Don't get me wrong, that's one of my favorite color combinations, but I LOVE color and I want to show that to everyone. Also, I'd love the challenge of figuring out which colors and fabrics to use to get the right mix. 

Here is a little inspiration behind my ideas, the Katy Perry music video, can be found on YouTube:


Now that you're in the right mindset here are my sketches:

I re-drew my original sketch and came up with this. A candy colored striped bodice
with a pink skirt over purple tulle with tulle sleeves in light pastel colors.
The skirt could be large stripes of color too!
Also bright purple wig, hot pink lipstick, and a cupcake fascinator!

Here is my shoe design: Purple to match the shade on the dress, or even darker,
with a strand of pearls and pearl encrusted heel and a hot pink bow on the side.
Also, maybe line the inside with hot pink as well.

I really want to make these, and I would love to be able to wear the shoes!! I think the dress would be great and stand out among others in the show. And, since I would like to also do a guy's design, I could have my guy model dressed in grey slacks with a brightly colored shirt and vest. I'm still not 100% if I even want to design guy clothes for this coming year, buy I have a lot of ideas. I'd like to have a variety of clothing designs in my portfolio and I think this would brighten it up. I will definitely keep you posted on what I actually create for the show, though I have months to go until then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment