My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Interview With A Friend #3 Featuring Zoë Zawadzki

Zoë and I have been friends for a long time. I actually don't remember ever becoming friends, I just know one day we somehow became friends. We've gone to the same church for a long time and we went to the same junior high school and by 8th grade we were best friends, so something obviously clicked between us. Zoë and I also played soccer together for years and we took French tutoring together all of high school (freshman to senior year). We've gone on 2 soccer trips abroad to England and Wales together, and we both went to France with French Club. We've had zillions of sleepovers, heart to hearts, dinners & Sunday lunches, and we've gone shopping together so many times it's ridiculous. Zoë has a great sense of humor, races cars with her dad, probably owns as many heels as I do, has A LOT of scarves and jewelry, and is always there when I need her- for anything. She's a great person with a great heart and i wish we could have gone to the same college together because it sucks not seeing each other as much as we used to. Also, I have posted twice about Zoë- Featured Fashionista:Zoë and Zoë's Choices. So check those out after you read her interview!

Here is Zoë's Interview:

Where do you go to college? What are you studying/majoring in? And why?
I go to Ohio University where I study French and French education. I chose French because it’s something that I’m really interested in and love doing.

Zoë sitting waiting to order lunch
near Versailles in France
.
What was your favorite class this past year/hardest and why?
I would have to say my favorite class last year was probably Plant Biology because it was really interesting, it could actually be applied to real life and I had a great enthusiastic teacher!

What would you say is your dream job?
That’s though. I honestly don’t know what I want to do, but I’m thinking eventually I would like to be a French professor at a university.

Who are your favorite designers?
My favorite designers are BCBG and Oscar de la Renta.

Do you have a favorite quote?
My favorite quote right now is “everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking its stupid”.  I don’t know who said it.
Zoë (R) and her sister (L).

How would you describe your personal style?
I think the best way to describe my style is simple and casual yet chic.

What are your favorite stores?
My favorite stores are fossil, American eagle, H&M, forever 21, target, and resale shops such as Plato’s Closet and Goodwill. I love the resale shops the most because you can find such cool clothes, they are really inexpensive, and no one has to know you got them there!

What’s your must-have accessory?
I can’t choose between earrings and a scarf. I wear them both all the time!

What is your go-to outfit?
A black v-neck t-shirt, my favorite scarf at the time, a pair of jeans, black low-top converse, and a cute pair of dangly earrings, and in the winter add a cardigan and pair of boots!

Zoë (R) and her friend pose.
What’s your favorite trip so far/ or the one you’re looking forward to the most for this summer?
The trip I am looking forward to the most is Hawaii! I get to show off all my new bathing suits and it will be fun and relaxing!

How do the popular brands/trends differ between the Midwest and New England? Which do you prefer? (Or do you mix them together?)
The brands and trends are pretty much the same as New England. They are a little more relaxed in their clothes but are still fashionable.  On Cape Cod, it’s definitely more beachy, like the perfect outfit is a crew neck sweatshirt (if you’re college aged, it’s probably the university you attend), jean shorts, and Sperry’s. They also wear a lot more ll bean because it’s better for the climate. I personally like mixing them together!

If you could go anywhere and do anything, where & what?
If I could go anywhere and do anything, I would travel across Europe on my own, doing whatever I found interesting and spending however long in each place I wanted. 


Zoë (L) and Me (R) after getting free makeovers at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment