My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Too Ambitious?

Next Friday, the 36th, my friend Emily and I will be attending another fashion show! We are both very excited, especially since last time we both learned a few things:

  • If it might rain (or was raining for a majority before the event) bring an umbrella big enough for 2 people, or at least a sweater for when the wind is too chilly. 
  • Eat before!! We got 1 free cookie each and we shared a coke, but neither of us ate dinner before going and the hunger was on both our minds during the show. 
  • Wear appropriate footwear. Both of us wore flat sandals and we were SO glad. Some of the girls attending had on very high heels and when seating time was postponed you could definitely see they were a little miserable and tired of standing in their heels.
  • Bring a great friend that you can pass the waiting and standing around time together with. There were a few people who looked all alone and I'm sure without Emily I would've been bored and the waiting time would have dragged on and on.
So with all of these in mind, Emily and I will be ready to go to our second fashion show this summer!

Now, as always, what to wear? :) I'm planning on (hopefully) making my own dress for the event. When I went on a fabric store trip I bought some white cotton fabric with black swirls on it. I plan on using a shift dress pattern and having there be 2 big front pockets, maybe using my leftover leather from hemming my leather skirt. I want to add trimmings of some sort, but I can't even think of that till I'm done with the dress. However, with the show being next Friday and me not evening having the pattern cut out, I'm not sure if I can even finish the dress on time and make it look as wonderful as all of the ideas I have for it.

Am I too ambitious? I would love to wear something I've made to the show, but I don't want to wear anything I made this past year. I also need more practice sewing, so I plan on making the dress, but is there enough time? Stay tuned for some updates with pictures and more of my ideas on the outcome of my dress, and the outcome of my situation of what to wear to the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment