My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, July 8, 2013

Dior Couture

I realized I haven't been posting as much as I usually do and it's because pretty much all last weekend and going into the week I was sick, and then of course 4th of July (which is my mom's birthday as well as a holiday). However, I am now healthy and full of things to share and talk about!

First of which, is all of the couture shows, more specifically Christian Dior's couture show. All of the garments were different and unique. I loved the color choices and the way each ensemble was accessorized with shoes, gloves, and more. One of my favorite details was when a dress had buttons going from one shoulder all the way down, following the edge, to the bottom of the dress. It's something you don't see everyday and it was pleasing to the eye. Something I wasn't quite sure I liked at the beginning, but now I find refreshing, is all of the different slits. Some dresses have them in the front, on a side, in the front and the side, and some look (to me) as if they're hidden and just peekaboo surprise slit. Plus they're all different lengths. I didn't like the slits at first because they just didn't click for me, but after seeing them multiple times they grew on me. I think it's the way the fabric lays and how it moves when the model walks. In the end, the slits work for the garments. One of my favorite pieces was the emerald green gown and black gloves towards the end of the show. To me it is a beautifully made gown that is the picture of elegance. 

Here is a link so you can watch a video of it:

I for one am looking forward to catching up on the couture shows. I read a few articles on the Chanel show and I can't wait to just sit down and watch it. Hopefully one day I will actually be able to attend all of the fashion shows I want. But, until then I am content with watching them online.

No comments:

Post a Comment