My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

100 Posts 100+ Great Memories

I was going through posts, usually I have a few drafts sitting around waiting for revision or pictures before I actually post them, and I realized this would be the 100th post on my blog. For me, this is a big deal. This is my second blog, I started with one called Bri's Look in 2010 but after a year and not a lot of posts I decided I need to revamp my blog and start from scratch. This is how Bri's Look "grew up" so to speak and became Bri Vision. My first blog was filled with bright colors, fun fonts, and a few pictures scattered here and there. When I created Bri Vision I was going for a more mature look, one that could carry over from high school to my college years, which is one reason why I chose the book background; another reason being I love books. I started off at a decent pace, but then I was going off to college and put my blog on the back burner. But then April came around and like the spring flower around me, I blossomed. I came back with at a steady pace and then once summer hit I had a lot to say and wanted to share my ideas with others. I am hoping that once school starts again in August I will be able to continue posting as much as I am now. I've considered making myself view my blog as homework, necessary for me to do well in my classes I need to clear my head and write everything down (on my blog of course). I'm definitely planning on making more of an effort this time around, no quitting and no month long breaks. I got this! :)

Since this is my 100th post I wanted to share inspirational quotes with everyone that I really love. To start off my list I wanted to share a link to my post from March 2012, Favorite Designer Quotes, in which I shared my small portable sketch book that is filled with quotes. Two of my favorite quotes are in that post:
  • "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." -e.e. cummings
  • "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." -Coco Chanel
Now for other quotes, I really am surprised I haven't posted more, I usually have great quotes everywhere to make me smile.


  •   “I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it.” - Alexander McQueen
  •   “Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” -Coco Chanel
  •   “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” –Audrey Hepburn
  •   “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” -Rachel Zoë
  •   “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.” -Marilyn Monroe
  •   “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” -Audrey Hepburn
  •   “Paris is always a good idea.” –Audrey Hepburn
  •   “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” –Ernest Hemingway
  •   “When good Americans die they go to Paris.” –Oscar Wilde
  •   “America is my country and Paris is my hometown.” – Gertrude Stein
  •   “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” –e.e. cummings
  •   “Always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.” –e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment