My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Louvre in the Palm of My Hand

For a while now I've been wanting this app on my iPod that involves the Louvre. It has pictures, descriptions, and short videos on pieces and rooms and history. However, the size of the app was too big for my iPod which was really full and only had less than 1 gig left. Recently though I accidentally wiped my iPod. I went to update it, something I've been putting off for a long time, and it restarted it. Since I had switched computers I sync my iPod on, I lost a lots of music from CDs I had uploaded on my old computer. With all of that gone I have a lot of space left on my iPod. It's bad because I also lost some cool games like Pac-Man and neat apps such as a French flashcard program and Paris Vogue (though this hasn't updated in months).

With just the songs that I had on my current computer I had a lot of space available, so I downloaded the Louvre app. It is as every bit amazing as it looked and even better than I thought. I am even considering purchasing the add on of 350 more pieces and more options such as using the pictures as the wallpaper for my iPod. I have the first edition of the iPod touch, so sort of old school in a way (I don't have a camera).

I have spent a lot of time using the Louvre app and I haven't even gone through every piece or room or seen every video. I also realized that because of my "studying" different artists by reading 50 Artists You Should Know, featured in my post Artists: Abstract, Absurd, Acceptable, and Admirable. I love that feeling of recognizing an artist's work, it just makes me incredibly happy and proud. Though I have to say I still love learning about more artists and seeing how different artists compare and contrast. There will be many nights where I go to bed but instead of falling asleep I will be staying up late in the quiet stillness of the night reading about the works of painters, sculptors, and more.

Stay tuned because I am sure I will be sharing some fun art related bits of knowledge I've learned from suing this app. I will also post more about individual artists, especially since I have recently finished a book on Monet, titled Monet by Simona Bartolena. One thing I am not quite looking forward to at Purdue this year is my amount of free time. Between classes, homework, projects, and work, I don't know how much time I will have to read for pleasure and to read about all the different artists and designers and even just simply read fictitious books with magic and shenanigans. Somehow I will make it work because I am a book worm and I just love reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment