My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Michelle's How -To Nail Tutorial

My friend Michelle is very talented and possesses the patience required to paint her nails with really neat designs. She agreed earlier this summer to do at least 1 nail design tutorial for my blog, hopefully she'll do more though with summer school this might be the only one. However, I will be trying to convince her to do a monthly how-to for a nail design, hair do, or eye make-up tutorial. Not all 3 every month, just something 1 a month. I think it would be a great segment to spice things up and get a different voice for my blog. 

Anyways, here is Michelle's 1st tutorial:











Cut up long strips off some kind of tape. You can also buy special tape specifically for nails, but if you don’t want to spend the money, like me, just use regular tape. This is double sided duct tape, which I find easier to handle since it’s stiffer than regular tape.  Make sure to prepare plenty, you won’t be able to cut more with wet nails easily.










Place the tape edge where you want to create a clean line of polish. Make sure it’s pressed down firmly so no paint can get underneath. Remove the tape before the paint dries, then keep using new tape and new colors to create a fan type pattern.










Michelle's End Result:


If you don’t want to put that much effort into every nail, you can mix it up and make some or even most of them plain solid. For the solid nails I used the paint I used the least on the fan pattern, because it brought out all the colors evenly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment