My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, August 5, 2013

Spreading the Music Spreading the Love

One of my all time favorite bands is My Chemical Romance. They broke up relatively recently (March 2013) but they are still my go to band. Just last night I listened to their Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys album just to fall asleep. They created 4 albums: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love; Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge; The Black Parade; and Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.They also released Conventional Weapons, a collection of songs recorded before their last album. I've been a listener for many years, I remember hanging out with my best friend Cheyanne and listening to one of their songs for the first time and just falling in love with the music. To me, it's more than just music, I feel as though there is a song for every moment of my life, that in a way they have managed to find a way to narrate my life with a handful of albums and songs. I listen to a mix of their more energetic songs when I work out (mixed with a couple of other artists as well) and I listen to their more poetic and softer songs when I'm feeling down. There is a song for every feeling: anger, grief, happiness, anxiety, just everything. I love it. I went to a Blink-182 concert with 2 friends of mine and My chemical Romance was there to play before Blink. My friends were there for Blink-182 but I was there for MCR. They were great in person, and now that they have split up I will probably never get to see an actual MCR concert, but I am still an avid listener and I am hoping they will create more music together some day.

So I have added some videos, probably 4 of my 5 favorite music videos to share. As the title for this post says, I am spreading their music, one of my sources for inspiration and happiness, and thus spreading the love I have for their music and creativity with the music videos and ability to take simple words but create music that works.

"Helena" from the album Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.
"I'm Not Okay" from the album Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge.
"Welcome to the Black Parade" from the album The Black Parade.
"Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)" from the album Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.

I hope you've enjoyed the music and videos that go with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment