My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wearable Art Show Recap

I attended the Wearable Art Show this previous Friday, July 26th, with my friend Zoë. From the emails I was informed that while the event was 6-9 the show wouldn't start until 7:30. So Zoë and I grabbed dinner at Panera and made our way to the show at our own pace. We arrived after 6:30 and were able to make our way around the different booths to look at everything set up by the different companies and people.

One booth was for a cupcake place and offered free mini cupcakes or cake pops. They also had a great advertising decision:

Me (L) and Zoë (R) with the lady wearing a 5 tier dress with over 125 fake cupcakes.
For the occasion Zoë and I had both opted for black dresses, hers short and more fitted with a high neckline and more structure than my looses fitting Calvin Klein dress (though mine had pockets in the front!). Zoe chose a great scarf, earrings, and wedges while I chose bright pink heels and a pearl necklace and earrings. 

There were some great booths with nice jewelry and purses, and of course clothes from the different designers. The show started after 7:30 and was a standing show (I wasn't overly fond of this because my heels are easily 4+ inches and I was expecting to sit for a little bit). However, it was a great show. I loved how they took the 3 different designers and split them up so a little bit (maybe 3 or 4 pieces) went from each and then they cycled them so it wasn't 1 designer then another then another and done. 


Here are some of the better pictures from the evening:























No comments:

Post a Comment