My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, September 9, 2013

BCBGMAXAZRIA (Updated May 2015)

The update for this post is that the pictures have been removed and the text altered accordingly. 

New York Fashion Week for Spring 2014: BCBGMAXAZRIA
As I'm watching the runway show right now I can say that:
  • I am loving the pastels and the use of cutouts/see through panels
  • I would love to own a pair of those heels that lace up and have the cut outs
  • The minimal makeup is compliments the color palette and the fabrics quite nicely, especially the no fuss hair
  • I enjoy the movement that a lot of the garments provide, some are very structured but everything looks as if it feels wonderful and allows the wearer to breathe and is functional
Some of my favorites include some shots from the Mercedes-Benz website.

They all offer something a little different but you could still envision one woman owning multiple looks. I think that can kind of get tricky sometimes and might not be on the list of things designers worry about but I like thinking that one person could own a whole collection and would be able to have the pieces mesh well together.

All in all I enjoyed watching the show, granted I'm sure viewing it live would've been even better. Someday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment