My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DKNY Review (Updated May 2015)

The update for this post is that the pictures have been removed and the text altered accordingly. 

In viewing the DKNY runway photos I have decided that I don't think I am a DKNY sort of person. Don't get me wrong I love the designs and the execution of their idea is great but for me personally, I can't envision myself owning the designs. I do think they work well for their target market though and I do think they fit with the styles I've seen so far for the spring 2014 season.

All pictures can be found on the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week website under DKNY runway photos.

I love the bright bold colors and the fact that they are are solid panels, no patterns. I think the clothes are functional and practical, unlike flowing floor-length evening gowns made of silk brocade. I like the variety in shoes but I like the the similarity in make-up despite different hairstyles. I think the collection as a whole is very cohesive and I enjoyed looking at all the pictures. I would love to own the jackets, but I like my bottom clothes to be more fitted (which is why I don't envision myself as a target DKNY costumer).

The collection is worth the time to view it though, it's great and really works well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment