My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer Interview

It took me a while but here is my interview  with Zoë Zawadzki from the Wearable Art Fashion Show from July. To read more on the show go to: Wearable Art Show Recap. To read more about Zoë Zawadzki you can go to: Interview With A Friend #3 Featuring Zoë Zawadzki.

Before the show started: 
 
What are your expectations going into the show? The title is Wearable Art Fashion Show, what do you picture going down the runway on the models?
  • I really had no idea what to expect for the show. But with the title, I expected really original clothes that resembled art pieces, maybe a lot of painted clothes and odd designs that made it different than everyday clothes.

What did you decide to wear for the show? What was your process of deciding what to wear?
  • I decided to wear a black dress with a tan striped scarf. Honestly, I didn’t really have much of a process for picking out the outfit, but it’s my favorite black dress, so that was the easy decision. However, it’s a really dressy dress, so I decided to put a scarf with it so it was a little more casual! And then I wore a pair of tan sandals that had very short heels so I could stand the whole night if I had to (which I did)!
After watching the fashion show:

Do you think you wore the right outfit?
  • Yeah, I would say I did. I could have easily worn jeans, a cute dressy top, and heels after seeing what everyone else wore, but I didn’t feel overdressed, and I felt good in what I wore, so I think that’s what matters the most!

What did you like best and least about the show? Any suggestions if they could change something?
  • I don’t think there was anything I liked best about the show, it was a great casual show in a cool venue. The only thing I think they could have changed was the fact that everyone was standing the whole time, it would have been nice to be able to sit once the show started!

Did the show meet your expectations and would you go again?
  • Yeah, it met my expectations (minus no chairs but the clothes were fantastic) but the clothes were different than I imagined and I would without a doubt go again!

What was your favorite design that went down the runway?
  • I don’t think I could choose a favorite design. The cupcake dress was really cool and I especially loved all the pieces that focused on the shoes that the person designed!

How did this fashion show, the Wearable Art Fashion Show, compare to the Purdue Fashion Show you saw in spring of 2012?
  • I would say this show definitely had a different crowd. The Purdue show was geared more toward parents and mostly students/young people, while there were all sorts of people mostly older people at the Wearable Art one. The Purdue show had a lot more people featured in it, so it had a lot of different types of designs with lots of different inspirations, while the Wearable Art show just had a few designers so there wasn’t a range of types of clothes like at Purdue. I would say the biggest difference is the fact that the Purdue one was just a show while the Wearable Art show had a lot of booths set up so people could buy things and you never even got to sit down whereas you were sitting the whole time for the Purdue show!

No comments:

Post a Comment