My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Collection: Postcards

When I went to the exhibit on Rudi Gernreich at the Cincinnati Museum titled "The Total Look" I had a blast! You weren't allowed to take photographs while in the exhibit, so I got the two awesome postcards of two of the looks in the exhibit. The model is Peggy Moffitt and the photographer is William Claxton while the outfits were done by Rudi. One of the information boards in the exhibit was on Peggy and one of the fun facts I walked away with was that she did her own makeup for the shoots. Another tidbit was that when she modeled the infamous topless bikini she only agreed to do it if Claxton, her husband, took the photos. Once again, I really enjoyed the exhibit and the looks they chose to feature. It had such a rich variety and showcased the different styles of the sixties. Also, the fashion video was amazing to watch, cool and comical.

Anyways, I'm pretty stoked to include these postcards in the mini collection I started in London. While I've always gotten postcards at different places, it wasn't until London that I actually thought that spending my money on so many was a great idea. They are a great resource to have, and they're pretty cheap which means I can get a lot and not feel guilty. I have quite a few from my time abroad and a small set of ones I already owned before I left. The two pictured in this post are my latest, and possibly most vibrant, of my collection of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment