My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Costume Shop Dress Project: Finished




















Hello Everyone! This is how my "Dress 1" turned out! I had removed the lace on the front, the bow from the back, and the straps. I showed my boss the final result when I took both dresses into the shop and she agreed with me that the previous straps were just horrible and definitely needed to be replaced. I chose this velvet lace to use for the straps because I love the black with the maroon and the lace adds interest to the plain dress. I left it embellished so that when used for a performance the designer for the show could add just enough without having to take anything off. For my other dress I also didn't add any embellishments for the same reason. I'm really happy with the end results and I wish I had finished them earlier so I could work on even more. I will be finishing some alterations for "Hay Fever" and this next week I will be helping finish organize the costume shop. In my private time I will be attempting to sew a men's shirt for practice and hopefully a jacket for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment