My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Costume Shop Dress Project: The Pieces




What I did was remove the bows from both dresses and then combine them together. This brings the colors together and also adds a little interest to the final bow. I had removed the fasteners on the bows (snaps) and will wait until I'm further on the dress to see where I want to put the bow in the back. I want to add a type of Watteau back to the dress with a toile fabric I found at the costume shop. I removed the lace trim from the front of the one dress and will most likely be sewing it onto the front of the other, though I haven't quite decided yet. It might end up being on the shoulders. As of now I'm working on fixing the chiffon dress and doing the Watteau back for it. Once I make more progress I'll post my steps & more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment