My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Costume Shop Dress Project: Almost Done!

Back View.
I've been working on my dresses for the costume shop and should be done by Thursday! For this dress, ''Dress 2," I've taken the chiffon additions from around the back and moved them up onto the shoulder straps. To me it looks better, more elegant feeling and lays a lot better than the original dress. I also had removed the white bow from "Dress 1" and sewed it with the colored bow from this dress. I sewed both bows together and then hand stitched them to the back of this dress. I had stitched the one side along the back and then for the other side used snaps since the bow covers across the zipper. I really wish I used dresses my size so I could get pictures of someone modeling them for my portfolio, but I will settle for better pictures once I'm done. As of now I just have to stitch some holes in the chiffon closed and I'm debating on adding lace detail from the other dress onto the front of this one.

Closer look at the Back.
As for my other dress, it is essentially a blank state right now. I removed the lace on the front, the bow from the back, all of the fastenings except for the zipper, and removed the straps because I disliked the way they looked on the dress. I am thinking of using some black lace to make straps and a belt of some sort to add interest to the dress. I have some other chiffon I could play around with, I was considering a type of long vest over the top of the dress, but it's not the same color. Oh well, I will be playing around with my designs but not until I'm completely finished with this dress! That post will probably be tomorrow (or maybe even tonight!). Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment