My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, May 9, 2014

Update: Writing Internship

So this past Tuesday I have gotten some excellent news...I was selected to be a student writer for College Fashionista! I am ecstatic! 

I applied a few weeks ago with my resume and answered some short questions. Then I received an email asking for me to move on to the next stage and fill out a questionnaire and write a mock article with a picture. I chose to write about my friend Hale, whose style is amazing and a great inspiration for my writing project. I had accidentally sent my article without my picture and felt miserable because I thought "Who would want an intern who can't even double check to make sure they attached the picture in the their article?" I couldn't believe I had done that and waited days and days to see my outcome. Then, after having 2 exams in one day and trying to relax a little bit by watching Archer with my friend Hale, I got the email saying I could be a Style Guru for College Fashionista!

I have filled out some paperwork, signed up for a training time, and am eagerly awaiting my social media packet and assignment. I am unsure of what category I will be writing for the website. Some examples are What to Wear, Style Advice of the Week, Accessories Report, and Fashionista/o Spotlight. My mock article was a Style Advice of the Week, I will post my article soon with my picture of Hale. I am very happy with this opportunity to write for College Fashionista. Sure I'll be doing my retail internship with Charming Charlie and I'll be taking 3 classes over the summer, but this opportunity to write for an official company is amazing and I can't believe I am able to pursue my dreams for being a great writer. I am unable to take writing and journalism classes because of scheduling, but keeping my blog, writing poetry and stories in my spare time, and now this chance to have a writing internship, its just wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment