My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Dip Dying and Bleach Painting

This week's PFA (Purdue Fashion Association) meeting will be dip dying and bleach painting! I think it'll be a lot of fun. It's different from our usual end of the year tie dying meeting.I think it'll be great!

I've bought white shoes, basically Keds, to dip dye. I'm thinking pink or blue but I don't know, I'll decide at the meeting. I kind of want to bleach paint a shirt or something but as of now I don't have anything I'd want to bleach. But maybe I'll find something before Wednesday. Here are the examples and I'll share more after the meeting on Wednesday!

The president of the club emailed me some photos to send out to everyone in the club as examples of what we're doing and I thought I'd share them so you know what I'm talking about. The first one is what happens when you are dip dying shoes. I'm really excited and hope I don't ruin mine.





This next picture is an example of bleach painting. You can do a cool design or words or even polka dots all over. It's neat because you have control over what design you're creating, it's not like tie dye where one slip and all of your colors are bleeding together and you suddenly have brown in your shirt.




Finally, this is reverse dip dying. It looks really neat and if I had a plain shirt I'd try it. I hope someone at the meeting decides to do something similar to this because I'd love to see how it looks on different fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment