My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Goodwill Finds

Shopping in Progress
Not the best photo of my treasures from Goodwill, but it is a picture while shopping and before I had gone through everything. My friend Jessica and I had gone to Goodwill yesterday in search of new work pants, which are black dress pants for us since we work at the same company. Our uniform for work consists of black pants, a white button down with the company's logo, a black and gold striped tie (Purdue's colors), a black half apron, and black non slip shoes. After working my first bartender shift on Friday night I realized I needed the next size up in pants. They fit, but they're too snug with a tank top and a button down tucked in, which is why I wanted the next size up. 

When we got to Goodwill we managed to find lots of pants to try on, and I managed to find the perfect pair for work. Besides those I found a great pair of bright red plaid trouser pants that button (no zipper). Feeling accomplished with our pants finds we moved on to shoes, purses, books and then finally dresses. 

I walked out spending a total of $30. The breakdown of my purchases are as follows:

  • Black dress pants
  • Red plaid trouser pants
  • Snakeskin booties
  • Small brown leather purse
  • A chiffon snakeskin printed button down dress
  • A black and white houndstooth sleeveless dress that buttons all the way down, but I will be using it as a long jacket/vest
  • 2 paperback books & 1 hardback
I'm pretty pumped to wear my new things, and I'll be going through my closet to get rid of some clothes to donate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment