My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, August 7, 2015

Final Day

For my final day in the costume shop for my internship my boss and I managed to tidy up the front area of it and make it look like a fully functioning shop. We cleared off the table, put away everything in the front area, set up the sewing area and mannequin, and I finished putting away jewelry and other misc trim items.
The picture on the left is me at the sewing machine with one of the dresses I made on the mannequin (back view). It's not an action shot, it's staged, but I really like it and I like the overall look of the costume shop as well.
















The two pictures above show other areas in the shop. On the left is the corner (left of the sewing station) and has a lot of boxes full of miscellaneous costume supplies. For example there's a box for ribbons, bow ties, cummerbunds, feathers, feather boas, antique lace, jabots and cravats, and more! The picture on the right is the new suit measuring system in place that I helped create and implement. I had measured a lot of our suit jackets and sports coats and then proceeded to organize them by size. Once all of the jackets are sized they will then by organized within their sizes by color. Lightest at the beginning and darkest at the end, that way without the sizing tags you know when you're changing sizes just by looking at the colors. Before we had toured and saw that Krannert's costume shop does their men's sizing like this we had known we wanted to at least organize them so that you knew how to distinguish the sizes. All in all I'm pretty happy to see all the progress we made. I wish I could have more time with the internship to make even more progress, but when I come back to visit it'll be nice to see what's been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment