My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Costume Shop Wool Finds!

 














One of things that happens in the costume shop is that we get donations from community members. Today during work we got a huge donation, it was more like part 2 of a donation from the same family. While going through everything I managed to snap a few pictures of some of the woolen pieces we've gotten and hung up so far. 

There's a Pendleton 100% virgin wool matching skirt and top set in lovely colors (mainly turquoise and purple). Then (top right) there was a Pendleton 100% virgin wool button down shirt in red and green. Lastly, there was a wonderful pair of blue wool dress pants, no tag. I'm sure there's a few more treasures in the last box, but I won't know until tomorrow. I love how we sometimes get some really amazing pieces in donations and I'm glad people don't just throw things out and they're willing to donate. It's a great example of sustainable fashion. After we go through the rest we'll then be donating the rest to someone else, it's kind of a nice never-ending cycle. Hopefully it ends up in good hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment