My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Packing & Moving

A snip-it of my wardrobe.
As of now I have a majority of everything I need to move packed, however, I haven't packed any of my clothes. I'm trying to decide what I need and what I won't wear so I shouldn't waste space, but it's really hard because I have a lot of options and the weather changes so often I need a variety of seasonal choices. Part of me is saying if I didn't take it to London in my 1 suitcase, and if I didn't take it to Illinois for my costume internship, well then I shouldn't take it school. But the summer is all hot weather so of course I'll need to take stuff I didn't pack for Illinois like all my sweaters. Also I didn't take a lot of stuff I loved to London in case something were to happen, that's one reason I managed to take only 1 suitcase, I took stuff that could get ruined or whatnot and it wouldn't be the end of the world. So I wasn't the typical fashion person at the London College of Fashion, but it wasn't a big deal to me. Everyone's style is different, so what if I rocked some old school batman tees while everyone else was dressed head to toe in black, the clothes part didn't matter because I was there for school. Now going back to Purdue (IN) is completely different. Whatever I don't pack for the year I'm going to need to rethink about keeping it in my closet here in Ohio. Some stuff is meaningful and I'll keep it, but if my white jeans don't make it to school I'll probably donate them in the spring. I need to declutter my closet and thus declutter my life. I do think that I might hold on to some unique pieces however, that way if I do go into costuming and I freelance for community theaters, I'll have a good size stock to pull from for certain shows. We'll see what happens. It's going to be hard to write for the next few days so this might be it for a bit. Stay tuned for what makes the cut and what gets cut from my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment