My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Inspiration

I thought that over my spring break, since I was going home, I would tons of time to sketch and work on ideas for new designs. However, I am finding that this whole week off I haven't wanted to sketch or make designs. I haven't had any new ideas or found inspiration. Coco Chanel once said that "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." I should be able to find inspiration anywhere and anytime, but this week I've just been meh. I'm on break and so is my mind. It's been so long since I have had a legit break. Granted, I had winter break where I didn't have homework or classes to worry about but I had work and I had to focus on trying to balance everything. Spring break should be fun and warm and relaxing. So far mine has been fun, cold, and sort of relaxing. I've had to do a lot of homework but I've spent time with family, read a few books, gone shopping, had lunch with a friend, and gone to the museum. I wish I had done some designs, but the fashion show  is next weekend and my brain has been on the fritz this week. Oh well, we'll see when inspiration strikes! Hopefully soon though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment