My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Final Art Gallery Entries

It's been a while but be ready for a bunch of fashion show posts!
Starting off will be a post of my 2 art gallery entries that I submitted last Friday for the show. The show is March 29th and besides the 2 fashion shows that day we have an art gallery open for everyone. As a second year student I have to create 2 runway looks and 2 art gallery pieces.

I decided to use my art piece from my drawing class last semester. It's a collage of various magazine cutouts with a fun striped background. How it was created:
1. First we made a collage of our cutouts.
2. We had to get the collage on to transparency paper.
3. During class we had a projector set up where we traced the outlines of our cutouts onto our paper.
4. Finally time to draw and color and make the piece amazing!
To the left is my final piece. I had to cut down a little on all the edges to fit it in the frame but I like how it feels as though it fits perfectly in the frame. At first I didn't like my drawing, but after not looking at it for a while I really really like it. It's a drawing I'm actually proud of, and that rarely ever happens.


For my second piece I had been wanting to decorate shoes forever so I finally did it! I took a pair of blue cloth heels I bought at Goodwill for $8 and added my own personal touches. I sprayed the shoes with pink glitter spray and the electric blue took on a more purple tint with the pink sparkles. Then I hot glued white pearls to the heels with a few pale pink ones mixed in. They were looking like they were missing something I started playing around with my options. Finally I decided on pearls going up the back and then the left shoe has a white bow while the right has a couple pink hearts. Also, not pictured, the inside of the heels have pink hearts. I am not entirely thrilled with this decision of the hearts on the inside but I didn't like how the pearls just stopped and I didn't have enough pearls to completely cover the inside.

After a few weeks of hard work, my pieces are done and turned in!

No comments:

Post a Comment