My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Friday, August 30, 2013

London College of Fashion

Since the application deadline for the FIT program is coming up relatively soon, I decided it was time to finally meet with financial aid and discuss how my scholarships and other aid would apply to FIT or London.
*For more information about my struggle to decide on the year at FIT verse the semester at London College of Fashion read Making Decisions: FIT Verses London College of Fashion

I can happily say my financial awards can be applied to London, none of them can be applied to the FIT program, meaning I will be applying to London for my fall semester next year. I am incredibly overjoyed and have been reading and watching a lot of videos about the program. I am especially excited because of the trip to Paris that is included in the semester. I will need certain things for my application, such as an essay and recommendations, but also a maximum of 5 pieces of my best work (so up to 5 pictures since the application is online). I am very glad I kept my work from the fashion show last year because I think that whole ensemble is amazing together; however, I don't know if the skirt, dress, and collar would count as 1 or 3 pieces since they're all separates but I put them together...I will be meeting with my adviser at some point to go over everything and make sure I don't miss any deadlines. Deep down one of the main reasons I came to Purdue for design was to go to London. I am ecstatic and really really hope I am accepted. If accepted I think I will be taking corsetry, shoe making, styling, and then possibly fashion speed sketching. We are only allowed up to 10 credits of electives. We do have 6 credits of mandatory classes: historical & contemporary fashion research studies, British cultural studies, and theoretical & social fashion studies. All of the mandatory classes sounds like a lot of fun. I will be posting updates on the different aspects of my application process and the 5 pictures I decide to send to them with my application. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment