My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Getting Ready For Back To School Means More Shoes, Right?

Recently I did a little back to school shopping for bras, and while I did manage to snag a great deal for those, I found 2 great pairs of shoes on sale. One is a black pair of ankle boots, flat and with a round toe and interesting fabric on the inside. They will be great for late fall and for when it starts to get colder at Purdue. They're really neat, however, the other pair is absolutely amazing. 

My new oxfords. 


They are Steve Madden Tuddor Cap-Toe Oxfords in a light brown. I love them! Since they were on sale, my size was the display shoe and thus a little worn in. To me, they look even better getting them looking a little worn in. They fit wonderfully and they feel great. To me, they will be able to class any outfit up. I wore them to my meeting at Express with a dark wash skinny jean, mint green tank top with beading, and black and white 3/4 length sleeve. My outfit looked dressy, yet casual with jeans and sweater choice. Without the sweater and with heels my outfit would look more as if I was going out on the town for a night. If I wore plain flats however, my outfit would look a little more drab and I would have felt as if I was missing something. 




To me, shoes are kind of a huge deal for my outfit. I tend to decide what shoes I want to wear that day and then build an outfit around my shoe selection. That may be a bit silly for some people, but it's just how my brain works regarding how I select my clothing each day. Sometimes, of course, I just go with the flow and pull some jeans and a top on and grab a pair of flats. I have a pair of suede grey flats with a strip of patent shiny grey across the top front, making them not as boring as a plain pair of flats. 

One thing I did notice though, when I returned home, I have a few other pairs of oxfords and they are all different! I have 2 pairs I bought at Target for about $8 each last year. They are both suede, one if black with a blue bottom and the other a faded tan with a pink-orange bottom. Then of course I have my 2 pairs of gold shoes. One is by Jessica Simpson, very sparkly, no laces, and have more detail than the others. Then I have gold ones from Material Girl. These are darker, more cloth-like and have black laces. Lastly are my new Steve Madden oxfords. I wear my gold oxfords a lot and in the fall I wear my Target shoes every now and then. But, these new oxfords will definitely get worn a lot, though I will have to be careful not to wear them too often or else I will wear then down and ruin them. (This is why I have so many pairs, I wear them so many times they are on the verge of having to be "retired" and I get new ones while occasionally wearing the others).

My Oxford collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment