My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Decisions Decisions Decisions....And All About Shoes & Books

So I have recently moved into an apartment and today was my first day of classes. I moved in last Thursday and have been just chilling and waiting for school to start. These past few days have been rather relaxing and it has been nice to enjoy some worry-free time. However, last week before I moved into my apartment I was stressing about some very important decisions. I was worrying about what shoes and books to bring. Sort of silly but both require some actual time to think about the choices I had to make.

Since I don't go home until November I needed to think about the transition from the summer heat to the cool fall breeze. On top of this I also wanted to limit myself and bring less than 25 pairs and make sure all my shoes fit into 1 tote box. I also learned from last year that besides interviews or formal events I don't need a lot of heels. Thus, I only brought 2 pairs of heels: one pair of nude heels for professional attire (think interviews) and a pair of maroon suede wedges more for when it starts turning into fall and the colors turn into darker, more rich colors. I also only brought 3 pairs of boots: my rain boots, 1 pair for true fall and 1 pair is all weather (rain, snow, etc). so that if it suddenly becomes colder I will be prepared. Besides those I brought an assortment of sneakers, Keds, flats, and sandals. I hope I will be fine with my decisions, so far so good. :)

Besides shoes I love books; all kinds of books. Last year during school I didn't have a lot of free time to read the books of my choice, so this year I decided to only bring a handful of books. I brought Dracula and Coco the Novel, as well as a handful of others I have already read. I only brought a couple of books I haven't read yet (this includes the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit). This will allow me to focus on my school work and not get too involved in a new series but at the same time just relax with a book every now and then. I brought a variety of genres so I can pick one to satisfy my hunger to read whenever I want. I am glad I brought the books I did I just wish I brought more, but then again I will probably always wish I brought more books. I am a bookworm at heart and I just love surrounding myself with books. At home I have shelves and shelves around my room and then random piles stacked up throughout my rooms in the house. Hopefully when I'm a well-known designer and am making an amazing salary I will be able to afford a home with a library, or at least some really nifty shelving throughout the house.

My words of wisdom on the topic of choosing and limiting yourself on shoes and books is to make of list of the absolute necessary items. Shoes wise that would be sneakers, maybe rain boots or flip flops, and a pair of dress shoes. Besides that it's all about if you know you will wear them at least 10 times in the time span you'll be away. After that I would say it's just a personal preference. Now about the books, it's a hard decision and I would say just go with your gut, you can always get a library card from the local library and visit whenever you feel the urge to read something you didn't bring with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment