My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Witty & Wise Writing

While Christmas shopping at Target for my friends and family I found a few items for myself...including this snazzy journal to the left. I just couldn't resist, it has a little bit of everything I like: Paris, Audrey Hepburn, the French language, shoes, and pink. It's a hard back journal with lined pages that have faded decorations on them, similar to the cover minus the shoe and Audrey H. quote. It's really pretty and while I bought a purple leather bound journal with an Eiffel Tower and "Bonjour!" on it not too long ago, I started writing in this journal the day I bought it. I figure that by the time I study abroad in London, so about 1 year, I will need another journal and my purple one is smaller and might be the right size for my entire trip to London. Whenever I go on trips I take a journal, it started more when I went to Australia because we were supposed to keep track of what we did each day. Also, I really just love writing, it's relaxing.

I have a lot of journals and in the past I went from colorful and exciting diaries to plain old composition books you get at the store for a dollar or less. For example, I keep my poems in a black and white composition book. But I haven't kept a diary in a while, and I miss that relaxing moment of writing about my day before I go to bed. It's nice to just get everything out and not going over everything in your head while you're trying to fall asleep. Also, it'll just be great to get back into writing more, especially because I think this spring semester will be filled with a lot of interesting days and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment