My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finally Done, Well Almost Done

For my class I was able to finish my dress for Gabrielle. It's short, but for the fashion show in the spring I plan on adding a long skirt and possibly a long train in the back. I haven't decided on my final plans yet, though I do have a lot floating around in my mind. 

Besides just finishing it I had to fill out cost sheets, do 2 technical sketches (front and back), and 2 croquis (front and back), along with an inspiration page. I even threw in a cover page because I couldn't decide on what pictures to use for my other pages. 

The first picture is Gabby all dolled up wearing the dress. She has white lace gloves, white Jackie-O sunglasses, and black patent peep-toe pumps. Also, the hem isn't done in this picture because I was still debating on if I wanted to hem it to turn it in or wait until I added the skirt. For the project I hemmed it so it looked neater.

The next picture is the back of the dress. As you can see the back V is a little loose, not the super tight look I was going for, but I actually like it. In my opinion, I think the darts look great. They lay right and make the dress really work for Gabby. 


Now for my presentation in my portfolio:
Here is my cover page, sort of a title page as if Gabby was in her own movie.

The next two pages are my inspiration page (left) and my page with the 2 technical sketches and my swatches of my fashion fabric and interfacing. I decided to go with a picture of one of the party scenes from "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

And finally, my croquis sketches. Originally I had wanted to just do the croquis sketches on the old parlor pictures, but then I really liked the idea of using Audrey Hepburn and the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" in my presentation of my dress.

Overall, I am pleased with my presentation in my portfolio. I like the way everything goes well together and how the idea is easily expressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment