My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Espresso Fueled Evening

Last night, well yesterday in general, was quite the experience. I realized just how much I can do in one day. I think I could definitely be a worthy competitor on Project Runway (time wise at least). 

Front View
I was in class for 3 hours and I managed to complete my darts (12 total), start sewing the dress and lining pieces separately on the seams. Then later in the day, after classes, around 4:30 I started sewing it more. I did the zipper and after a few mistakes I needed a break. I went to a PFA meeting and returned to the lab with bread sticks. After food and a doubleshot of espresso I started working again. It took about an hour and a half of seam ripping and a couple more mistakes to start off on the right foot. I watched a tutorial video and starting getting in the zone. 

I finally had found the answers and figured out what exactly I needed to do to fix my dress. I now have everything except the hem and trimming the seam allowances (since I have a fitting scheduled at 6pm tonight and may need to take it in). 

Since we need pictures for the fit of the garment on our model for the final presentation of our project, I will be taking some really fun pictures. I have lots of pearl jewelry, white lace gloves, white Jackie-O sunglasses, and more prepared for my model's mini fashion shoot. 

This project has been a lot of work, from day one with measuring my model to making patterns and then making a muslin dress and having to correct my patterns. Now I have an elegant, cocktail dress with a modest front and low back with darts that fit my model perfectly (at least the muslin version's did). All I want to do is finish this, prepare for final pictures tonight or tomorrow. 

Back View
I plan on creating a bottom for the dress to turn it into an evening, floor length gown for the spring fashion show. So I will definitely be posting more about that. As well as the rest of my presentation: inspiration page, croquis front and back views, and technical sketches front and back views. 
So just stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment