My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Went For It

Well after watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion show and discussing it with my friend, I decided to look into if they have internships. Annnnnd they do!

I registered for an account, entered my information, and uploaded my resume and cover letter. Then a little bit later I received an email saying they had received my application and would either contact me if they're interested or just keep my application on file for a year. Which, is still good because when I am an actual junior next year I can reapply and have more skills and other great things on my resume. 

Similar to other design internships, they are looking for juniors and seniors, and I am only a sophomore though after this semester I am a junior based on the number of credits I've earned. I figured the worst that could happen is they don't contact me, my application stays on file for the year, and I just go ahead and reapply next fall. 

In order for me to go to London for the design semester I need to take summer classes this coming summer. I will only be getting 6 credits for going to London and even though I have a ton of credits already I still have required classes to take that I can't take in London. 

So if they don't contact me I will be perfectly fine staying at Purdue over the summer, working and taking 3 classes. But....if they do contact me, I'll have to reevaluate my plans but it would definitely be worth it! So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment