My online portfolio: Malotke Designs.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Skirt and Shirt Projects

For Apparel Assembly, my sewing class this semester, we had several projects. Our first project was to create a skirt using a pattern, our second to create a collared button-down shirt from a pattern, and then the third was our Good Will project (which I have posted about already).
For my skirt project I had a navy fabric with white and pink flowers. My skirt had a couple darts, comes above my knees, has a little waistband, and an invisible zipper down the back.
For my collared shirt I used a small, checkered pink and white fabric. It's 3/4 sleeves with cuffs. The inside of the cuffs is the fabric from the skirt. I then used pale white, almost pink, buttons down the front of the shirt and then I have two on the cuffs (so four total used on my cuffs). I was excited to use the button hole maker for the first time in a project. It was very quick and I'm glad we have this machine in our lab. I can't imagine not having it.
I originally wasn't going to include fabric from my skirt in my shirt, but I had extra fabric and I thought that even if I didn't wear them together, it would add a fun touch to the shirt. You can wear them separately or together, which is something I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment